The POWERgasket DRS-2 rubber metal seal is the next step in the development of these types of seals. It has two stable sealing tongues - blades on the inner diameter, which ensure better functionality of the seal . Therefore, the POWERgasket DRS-2 rubber seal is also suitable for plastic flange connections where high tightening torques cannot be used.
Available in all sizes according to EN 1514-1.
Special benefits and features
- Secure sealing even at the lowest tightening torques thanks to the special shape of the sealing profile.
- High stability during installation and operation.
- Greater tightness due to the "opening effect" of the sealing lips under internal pressure loads.
- There is no exceeding of the specific pressure or relaxation of the flexible sealing lips, as can occur with rubber-metal seals with an O-ring seal or a wedge.
- Optimal compensation of flange irregularities with flexible sealing edges.
- Safe compensation of small flange deformations.
- Plastic and steel flanges.
- Sealing of vacuum piping systems.
- Seals suitable for the chemical, water and gas industries.
- Suitable as a seal for rotating flanges.
Advantages over punched seals
- Higher quality rubber with SHORE 85 hardness.
- Thanks to the higher hardness of the seal, easier installation when inserting between flanges with large pipe diameters - up to DN 2,000 mm.
- Longer seal life due to higher hardness.
- Higher rubber density due to higher temperature and pressure during vulcanization.
- Each seal is marked with a print with the material and the manufacturer's mark.
NBR rubber-metal gasket
- Temperature up to 80 °C.
- Drinking water, gas, industrial sewerage with admixture of oils and petroleum substances.
- Temperature up to 100 °C.
- Certificates KTW, DVGW.
- Drinking water, sewerage with admixture of acids, alkalis and others.