POWERgasket - seals for non-parallel surfaces solve problems arising from insufficient elasticity of the seal and prevent leakage of harmful substances. Also suitable for applications with a low initial tightening torque or where the flange cools and heats up.
- Thanks to its construction, the seal is able to seal even flange leaves bent from previous tightenings.
- The most economical solution for the requirement of low emissions and at the same time cyclical thermal stress.
The functional parts of this seal are formed by two corrugated metal cores, which are covered with flexible graphite of different densities and thicknesses. The seals produced in this way are attached to a metal intermediate ring.
The construction ensures better sealing properties compared to the standard seals.
The corrugated shape increases the ability to return to its original state and reduces the surface area of the seal at the beginning of tightening. At the same time, it reduces the value of the contact pressure required to achieve the functionality of the seal. This results in the stability of the bolts and the increased stability of the contact force during the temperature cycles.
The manufacturing process of applying graphite to the surface of the metal core ensures its application without the pores that occur in graphite plate seals.
- The seal thickness of 9.4 mm prevents the outer diameters of the flanges from fitting.
- Deformation of the seal during installation is min. 2 mm.
Sealing material - flexible graphite
- Contains a passive corrosion inhibitor.
- Adaptable to surface irregularities.
- Free of additives and adhesives (high purity).
- Chemically resistant.
- Reduced porosity.
- It is thermally conductive.
- Low thermal expansion.
- It is not produced by rolling, so the properties are the same in all directions.
- 316 / 1.4401
- 304 / 1.4301
- 309 / 1.4828
Normally, graphite is applied to a metal core at only one density, and thus the seal provides the benefits of only that one density.
- Low and high density graphite is applied to the POWERgasket - a seal for non-parallel surfaces, which gives the seal the benefits of both values.
- Expanded graphite contains a passive inhibitor of oxidation and corrosion. The inhibitor prevents the formation of corrosion on the sealing surfaces and increases the operating temperature in the oxidizing atmosphere up to +525 ° C.
Size Units Value Maximum temperature - oxidizing atmosphere: ° C +450 Maximum temperature - steam: ° C +650 Maximum pressure: bar vacuum up to 306 (depending on the temperature and size of the seal) pH: 0-14 Specific gravity of graphite: g / cm 3 0.64 and 1.84
Protected by EU registered design No 001933151.