Comb (camprofile) seals consist of a metal core with a comb profile in combination with a soft sealing layer of graphite or PTFE.
- Due to their design, these seals are suitable for use in highly pressure and heat stressed flange joints .
- The advantage of comb seals is the repeated use of the metal core after the replacement of the soft sealing layer.
- Easy and fast installation.
- Possibility of production of partition seals, especially for heat exchangers.
- Excellent sealing properties
- They resist pressure and temperature fluctuations
- They compensate for uneven compression and installation errors
- They can be used with all types of flanges
- The seal core can be used several times after replacing the sealing layer
Size Units Value Minimum temperature resistance: ° C -200 Maximum temperature resistance: ° C +1000 Maximum pressure resistance: bar 400 Chemical resistance pH: 0 - 14
ČSN/STN DIN/ASI 17 240 1.4301/304 17 349 1.4404/316 L 17 348 1.4571/316 TI 17 248 1.4541/321 11 300 St 37/CS Hastelloy B2 2.4615 Hastelloy C276 2.4819 Inconel 600 2.4816 Monel 400 2.4360 Titan Gr. 2 3.075
- Graphite - the most commonly used sealing layer of camprofile gaskets. Can be used with a large number of applications except where certain acids are involved.
- PTFE - used in applications where graphite is not suitable - especially where acids and other corrosive media are involved.